Meet Dr. Beckett
Dr. Sandy Beckett worked as a dental hygienist for eight years before becoming an orthodontist. After graduating from Germantown Academy, Dr. Beckett spent two years at Ursinus College and two years at Thomas Jefferson University where she received a Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene and Education. Dr. Beckett spent the next eight years practicing as a dental hygienist in Camp Hill and teaching oral hygiene in the public school system of Harrisburg.
Having decided on a career change, Dr. Beckett went on to Dental School at the University of Maryland to obtain her Doctorate of Dental Surgery. After graduating from dental school, she went on to study orthodontics for two years at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in the post-doctoral orthodontic program where she was awarded her Orthodontic Specialty Certification in June of 1999.
“I gained a lot of insight into orthodontics from both sides of the chair before making orthodontics my career. Orthodontics, however, is a science that constantly changes. That’s why, even after practicing since 1999, I will never consider my education complete. Orthodontics allows me to establish a friendship with each of our patients. I especially enjoy seeing how their self-confidence and self-esteem changes once they see their beautiful smile. Our team is fun, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. We all have the same goal which is to deliver the highest quality of orthodontic care in a comfortable and happy environment.”
Dr. Beckett lives in Horsham and has for most of her life. She and her husband Kelly like to travel, watch sports, and bike. Some little known facts about Dr. Beckett: she is in the Germantown Academy Sports Hall of Fame for Field Hockey and achieved a perfect score on the clinical portion of the dental board exams, which is extremely rare.
- Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Medicine
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS), Magna Cum Laude, University of Maryland Dental School
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene, Magna Cum Laude, Thomas Jefferson University
- American Association of Orthodontists
- The American Association for Functional Orthodontics
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- Philadelphia Orthodontic Society
- Pennsylvania Orthodontic Society
- Middle Atlantic Orthodontic Society
- Montgomery-Bucks Dental Society
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- American Dental Association
Honors and Awards
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Phi Chapter, National Dental Honor Society
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society (President 1995)
- Gorgas Odontological Honorary Society
- Alpha Eta Honor Society
- Sigma Phi Alpha National Dental Hygiene Honor Society